In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.

In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.

April 24, 2012

It Is What It Is--Or Is It...

So it's been a crazy year--full of agony, trials, leaps of faith, tears of joy and sadness, laughter, and gratitude. It's been a year that I will always remember not because of sadness-more because of lessons learned. Some lessons have blindsided me, and others I fought tooth and nail just to come to grips with knowing I knew the lesson all the time {i just really didn't like it.}

Now, it's the most unusual feeling. I knew someday I would be at this place. I knew I would have the opportunity to find out not what was but what will be. And not to sound too cheesy, but I'm in love with the saying "Unless you spread your wings, you'll never know how high you can fly."

I struggled with staying in the nest or flying the coup. It was easy to be home. Comfortable and content. I could wake up knowing what my day would hold and confident I could handle it. As time went by, I became restless and thirsty for a little rebellious opportunity. I found myself not able to commit-- to anything, and I realized it's because I knew I really want to be doing something different. It was a little unsettling, because I didn't know what I wanted, but I knew it had to be different.

I don't have a life plan. I used to, and then found out no one's life is really about a projected timeline. It's more about where you are in life. As if we have all these things we're meant to do in life, but it really isn't about what we're meant to do...it's about what we're doing while we're getting there. We all scramble around in the dark trying to figure it out, and in different times, stages, and lessons, we almost get there. At least we think we do.

I do however have all these plans-dreams. And I've decided that I didn't just randomly come up with these incredible stories I can't wait to act out. These have been formed by tiny little experiences and lessons that have guided my stories, chapter after chapter, and will one day wrap up my book of memories.

With all of that being said---I'm terrified, excited, anxious, and oh so very happy. I'm starting a new job on Monday. I'm moving this Thursday, and I actually think this tops the emotions of high school and college graduations combined. For some reason, knowing what I know added to knowing I have so much to learn with a scoop of more patience and insight with a glimpse of joy and a streaming light of faith paving my way.....I know it's the right path. It's new start to something unknown.

Mary Poppins made a huge impact on my life as a very young girl. I mean, yes, her story is full of imagination, colorful fun, and plenty of sing-alongs, but there is a true unbreakable story inside of the racing carousel ponies and interactive sidewalk paintings extravaganza. Sometimes... it just is what it is. No joke, no changing it, no way around it. And then sometimes, it is something unexpected. Something you never would have thought about. Something new and evolving. Something that is always the opposite of what it should be. Mary Poppins is "Practically Perfect in Every Way." That in itself tells you she's not perfect at all. How can you be "practically perfect?" You're either perfect or your not... that's the definition of perfect {exactly correct!} You can't be practically exactly correct.

I absolutely love this picture I found of Mary Poppins!!! There she stands in "practically perfect" with soot all of her face laughing and a huge gorgeous smile!

She changed people just by being herself. Her games and songs filled their hearts, and Mary's imagination showed us, sometimes there's more to what you think. Look again, it could surprise you! I can't wait to see what will surprise me on my new journey.

May He catch me when I fall or teach me to fly...

No comments:

Post a Comment